Monday, February 7, 2011

David Kalivas' World History Podcasts

 As a loving father and husband, I do my part in making sure my family comes first.  I do a lot of the cooking and what seems like all of the cleanup after dinner.  Namely washing dishes. 

What I've been doing recently is looking for podcasts to listen to while washing dishes.  I found these great ones by Professor David Kalivas from Middlesex Community College in Middlesex, Massachusetts.

His lectures, are witty and very informative.  This guy knows his stuff.  He's passionate about his subject and his knowledge and tie-ins to modern day are refreshing.  There are some very lucky students at Middlesex Community College learning from a top notch teacher.

So far I've listened to his lecture on The Indus Valley and Hinduism.  There is plenty I'd like to share in my classroom next year. 

He has posted several lectures from 2005 and 2007, and has just posted a new one from November of 2010.  He's definitely worth a listen. 

http://www.middlesex.mass.edu/podcasts/kalivasd/

1 comment:

  1. Googled my name recently to see what came up and your review popped up. Was heartening to read your review -- thank you very much for your appreciative comments. All the best.

    ReplyDelete